Sunday, November 16, 2008


I am a painter living in Chicago, Illinois with my husband and infant son. I work mostly from dream and memory and will be posting work as it is completed. I've been learning to like acrylics instead of oil for the sake of my son's lungs. Speaking of my son, I've gotten very good at painting with him on my lap.

I've been working on a very small scale since he was born, since I find I only have spurts of 10 to 15 minutes of uninterrupted painting.

Here we are in the studio, and below is the latest painting. I'm finding motherhood to be a wonderful thing and am feeling very lucky to have a child who enjoys being in the studio with me. I often put paper underneath my painting so that he can draw right along with me.
































2 comments:

Jorenanthony (username) said...

This sounds like alchemy! Totally inspiring: the harmony of all things beloved.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

hi melanie! that is the best photo.