Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birds





So, the birds came about because I saw a horrific event of crows eating baby robins out of their nest. I know crows have to eat, but I don't have to like watching and I can't help assigning human emotions to the mother robin watching her babies get eaten. Anyway, with tears in my eyes I went straight to my studio to make angry ink drawings about crows (as pictured to the left). I have now just become very interested in exploring the textures and properties of acrylic paints and then finding the birds in the marks and colors, as I've done with the painting below. It's from last week. That's all for now- Phin is covering me with kisses and it's difficult to type.

Be well,
-melanie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cool! And of course, I love the photo below. It was great seeing LillStreet for Phin's bday. :)